[fpc-pascal] Import Pascal record function to C

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Tue Nov 1 01:25:33 CET 2005

>Yes, and the other way is also possible. This is done the other way
>round when a pascal program calls RegisterClass from the Windows API.
>It is sending a structure has a pointer to a function.

Thanks for the tip.

I think the structure that describes a procedure being used in a struct is here!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/windowing/windowcla
sses/windowclassreference/windowclassstructures/wndclass.asp

>The only possible problem I see is if the structure contains numbers
>that are smaller then a Integer (smallint, byte, word, etc) ... then
>you may have some problems with the alignment of the data.

Yes I would be careful there... just use portable things like longint, bool, and etc.
instead of boolean and integer.

I'm just thinking in some cases, it is nice to have a record to offer some more organization
(organize like classes, but without object orientation features of course).

It seems records sure are a lot neater than Structs without the asterisks all over - gotta
love Pascal.