[fpc-pascal] Optimizer in 2.0

Adrian Veith adrian at veith-system.de
Tue May 31 16:22:07 CEST 2005

It shows with useless code like simple nested for .. to loops, but also
with some more useful code like the attached RSA_Angriff from the C'T
magazine.

My results are with:

fpc -Sd -OG3rp3 -XX RSA_Angriff_D5.dpr

5266 ms

with:

fpc -Sd -XX RSA_Angriff_D5.dpr

4844 ms

The unoptimized code is faster than the optimized code.

(BTW. I choosed an example where the Delphi compiler is really worse ;-)
: 65953 ms)

Same picture with the whet.pas (whether or not the whetstone benchmark
is useful) from your source distribution.

With optimization on:  7393.72 MIPS

With optimization off:  8368.20 MIPS

cheers,

Adrian.