[fpc-pascal] TObjectList in Contnrs in FCL (doc, usage)?

Tom Verhoeff T.Verhoeff at tue.nl
Tue May 31 14:52:34 CEST 2005

I would like to use TObjectList from Contnrs (because it occurs in
some Delphi application that I wish to compile with FreePascal).

There are two problems:

  (1)  The compiler does not find the unit Contnrs.  It turns out
       that this unit resides in

	/usr/lib/fpc/2.0.1/units/i386-linux/fcl/contnrs.*

       which the compiler does not find by itself (it does find Classes in
       .../rtl/classes.*).
       Of course, I can change my fpc.cfg, but shouldn't this just work?
       Or should I do something else to use FCL units?

  (2)  The FCL (RTL?) documentation does not mention Contnrs (it does mention
       Classes).

It would be useful to include a link on "FCL - Free Component Library"
(fcl/fcl.html) to the online documentation

	<http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/index.html>

However, it is not completely clear to me where the boundary is between
RTL and FCL.  Classes is listed under FCL, and is documented under RTL.

Thanks,

	Tom
--
E-MAIL: T.Verhoeff @ TUE.NL     | Fac. of Math. & Computing Science
PHONE:  +31 40 247 41 25        | Eindhoven University of Technology