[fpc-pascal] exit ?

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.ugent.be
Wed May 25 18:33:45 CEST 2005

On 25 mei 2005, at 18:20, Tony Pelton wrote:

> over and above any philisophical judgments on my programming
> technique, I see Free Pascal has a reserved word 'exit' that mimics
> "return" ?

Yes.

> Is some analogy to "return" not supported in the official pascal
> dialect ?

exit with a parameter is not supported in other compilers afaik (e.g.
exit(5), equivalent to "return 5"). It may exist in Delphi (I've never
used Delphi), but it definitely does not exist in Turbo Pascal.

> is 'exit' the only way to do this, and obviously, not portable to
> other compilers ?

Exit without a parameter is supported in Turbo Pascal and Delphi.

> is there another token that i could/should use ?

Not that I can think of.

Jonas