[fpc-pascal] java programmer

Florian Klaempfl F.Klaempfl at gmx.de
Sat May 21 17:39:25 CEST 2005

Tony Pelton wrote:

> I had it running in about 10 minutes.
>
> I was blown away.

I'am also working at work daily with C++ but it can't beat the
productivity of pascal.

> i'm not seeing anything right off that looks like a
> nice,clean,portable little unit that would emulate what i might find
> in java collections or C++ vector stuff.

Well, you usually don't use autoresizing arrays in object pascal because
it has usually a big performance penalty. You usually use a dyn. array
which length you set yourself when needed:
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refsu14.html#x36-410003.3.1

For other needs you might use TList:
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/classes/tlist.html
or TCollection:
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/classes/tcollection.html

The fcl unit contnrs contains more container classes but isn't complete
and documented yet.