[fpc-pascal]

Nikolay Nikolov nickysn at SexMagnet.com
Sat May 7 01:03:52 CEST 2005

Anandu R Suri wrote:

>I am writing an operating system using your Free Pascal Compilier 1.0.10.
>Most of my code is based on the IA32 opcodes in $ASMMODE INTEL. I
>have two problems, both are of importance.
>
>1. The very basic problem is with the video driver. Whenever I try to write
>to the Video memory either there is no reponse, or I receive a run time
>error 216. I tried all possibilities of using an absolute array, pointers,
>and even FillWord, nothing works out.

Have a look at this:
http://debian.fmi.uni-sofia.bg/~nickysn/paskernel/
It's a 'hello world' OS. In fact writing to the video memory is the only
thing it can do :) It used to work with some older version of fpc (like
1.9.2 or 1.9.4 - I don't remember exactly) and I think also with 1.0.10.
When 2.0 comes out, I'll update it. :)