[fpc-pascal] Experiences installing FPC 2.0 and Free Pascal for Xcode Integration Kit

Lance Boyle lanceboyle at cwazy.co.uk
Sat Jun 25 03:31:37 CEST 2005

Hello list,

Today I installed FPC 2.0 and the current version of the Free Pascal
for Xcode Integration Kit on a recently-installed 10.4.1 (Archive and
Install over FPC 2.0 and Free Pascal for Xcode Integration Kit on
10.3.9. It seems that the UPInterfaces were not preserved.)

I installed FPC 2.0.
I had the disk image for UPInterfaces available.

When running the installer for Free Pascal for Xcode Integration Kit,
there are two cases:
    (1) The disk image for UPInterfaces is not mounted.
        The installer for Free Pascal for Xcode Integration Kit
attempts to run a program asking me to locate the disk image but that
program crashes with this message in a dialog box: "The application
ChooseFile quite unexpectedly after it was reopened."
    (2) The disk image for UPInterfaces is already mounted.
        The installer for Free Pascal for Xcode Integration Kit
appears to proceed normally.

When working with the default Carbon project:
    The projects builds OK.
    (1) When the program runs, if Command-Q is pressed, it quits with
exit status 0.
    (2) When the program runs, and the program's main menu ("Hello"
in this case) is pressed, attempting to reach the Quit menu item, the
program exits with status 207 and the output to the run log as pasted
below.
    (3) Additionally, after running the default compiled Carbon
program and clicking the program's main menu ("Hello" in this case),
the "Automatically hide and show the Dock," (System Preferences,
Dock) feature quit working. Option-Command-D still works, however.
Trying to re-set the feature to On from the Pref panel fails. Control-
Clicking on the divider line in the actual Dock and selecting "Turn
Hiding On" succeeds. This entire cycle is repeatable.

Lance

Pasted run log after trying to access the menu item "Quit."

[Session started at 2005-06-24 18:24:51 -0700.]
Runtime error 207 at $903E5A7C
   $903E5A7C
   $9456F2A0
   $9456F184