[fpc-pascal] Exec with many params

Antal antal at carmelcomputer.com
Thu Jun 23 09:23:13 CEST 2005

> > in linux I can't use the exec for executing a program with more than one
> > parameter.
> > I tried to supply more than a parameter separeted with whitespace, but
> > it's not reliable, since the program is treating it as just one parameter
> >
> > so I can't pass options to programs, such as:
> > ls -l .*
>
> Expansion of the * is done by the shell not by the exec system call. Use
> the shell() command from the unix unit instead.
I'm not asking about a shell related problem, but about passing more than
a single parameter when executing a file
let's change the above example to
cat ~/anyfile1 ~/anyfile2
or just:
dir /p c:

or anything else, which needs many params

Anyway, if using the shell() would help in linux, it's a good hint.
But for portability what do I do in other OS?

I'm just pointing out the more than one parameter execution of a command