[fpc-pascal] File-functions on various platforms??

Thomas Zastrow chef at thomas-zastrow.de
Fri Jun 10 00:08:06 CEST 2005

Hello,

for a little FPC-/Lazarus-project I need some routines working on the
filesystem - for example: "Give me (recursivly) all *mp3-Files in this
directory".

Searching around in the online-documenation, I found that FPC knows
functions like FindFirst, FindNext and so on.

My question is: Are these function are working both on Linux and on
Windows??? Using an OpenFileDialog in Lazarus and take it's property
"filename" for input/output of these functions, will it work both on
Windows and Linux??? Are there any functions for converting
Windows-Path's to Unix-Path's???

Thanks,

Tom