[fpc-pascal] String to Unicode?

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Sat Jul 23 17:47:27 CEST 2005

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:00:15 +0200
Thomas Zastrow <chef at thomas-zastrow.de> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm producing some XML-Output with a FPC-program. The problem is that
> there are special charakters like < and > in the content of some tags,
> also some german special charakters which has to be encoded into >
> and so on.
>
> Are there any functions like "String to unicode" or so for doing this
> automatically??

Hi Tom...

Is there some confusion? I believe you mean html entities ( > is an
html entity, not unicode). Did you check the libxml2 library? This library
has the necessary escaping routines to hide those special routines.

On the other hand, character set coding can also be done with the library.

John