[fpc-pascal] Version 1.9.6[??] on the Mac.

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Jan 17 08:38:10 CET 2005

> > I've been working to compile smf.pas. I've loaded fpc 1.9.6 on Windows
> > XP and, indeed, it compiles perfectly - later I get errors finding Libc,
> > but that's understandable as it isn't Unix, besides I really want it wo
> > work on the Mac.
>
> I've no idea about how to compile it under Mac, but it seems strange to me the
> Libc dependency, because this unit and the example program doesn't need Libc
> under Linux. ldd says "not a dynamic executable".

smf compiles fine under freeBSD.

Alsapas has a unit libc dependancy. Most symbols used seem to be simple
types that are named slightly differently, but the piping functions use libc
stdio, which is not defined platform independant for FPC. (since FPC's stdio
doesn't go through libc).

If you don't really use

inputh.inc:function snd_input_stdio_attach(var inputp:Psnd_input_t; fp:PIOFILE; _close:longint):longint;cdecl;external asoundlib_name;
outputh.inc:function snd_output_stdio_attach(var outputp:Psnd_output_t; fp:PIOFILE; _close:longint):longint;cdecl;external asoundlib_name;

then it could be made to compile with FPC without using unit libc I thik.

> I've added one more example program, "buildsmf.pas", that creates a MIDI
> file from scratch, and also fixed several bugs. The ALSA examples still
> don't run with FPC, because some thread troubles.

buildsmf compiles and generates a 90 byte midifile (under FreeBSD). spysmf
also compiles. Rest uses ALSA, and doesn't.