[fpc-pascal] MIDI package

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas plcl at telefonica.net
Wed Jan 12 19:53:12 CET 2005

Hi,

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 18:41, Peter H.M. Brooks wrote:
> I just wondered if there was a package that allowed one to create and
> manipulate MIDI files easily.

I've wrote a translation of ALSA's library headers to Pascal. It has support
for Linux only, and it can be used with Kylix and FPC compilers. It covers
all the ALSA API: raw (low level) MIDI devices, high level MIDI sequencer,
Control interface (mixer) and PCM digital Audio devices. It's name is ALSAPAS
and it is available here:
http://perso.wanadoo.es/plcl/alsapas/alsapas-en.html
It is a bit outdated now, specially the PCM part, but MIDI is working well
with latest ALSA releases (1.0.x)

If you want to work with MIDI files only, but not to play or record sequences,
you can download this file:
http://perso.wanadoo.es/plcl/ametro/ametro-0.4.tar.bz2

Inside the tarball you will find a directory named musicobjects/ and inside it
there is a file "smf.pas", a Standard Midi File unit, that allows you to read
and write MIDI files. The metronome program itself does not uses this unit,
though. This directory is a set of components for Kylix and Lazarus that I
would like to distribute some day as a standalone project, if I could find
some time to test, to write the documentation and to create the packages.

Regards,
Pedro