[fpc-pascal] Quake 2 for Freepascal

L505 fpc505 at z505.com
Thu Dec 29 04:27:09 CET 2005

>I have Quake II.  That happens to be my favorite FPS.
>Anyway send me the source code and the EXE and I'll
>test it for you.

I figured out that the demo should in fact work.. Felipe was right.
The delphi port of Quake2 works just fine with the demo Quake files.

I'm compiling basically exactly the same source code on the two compilers side by
side and the FPC one loads the game, but doesn't let you play the game when selected,
nor does it play the video intro, or display graphics perfectly in the menu areas.
Seems FPC always has graphics related issues for some reason when compiling Delphi
code - I've not had problems with FPC/Delphi compatability when working with text,
since I mainly work with text programs and not graphics.