[fpc-pascal] FreePascal 2.0.2 available

Adrian Veith adrian at veith-system.de
Mon Dec 12 15:53:30 CET 2005

Congratulations,

with fpc 2.0.2 it's the first time, we were able to compile and run our
dbGonzales database server (complete delphi code). In earlier versions
of fpc, we always had some problems (mostly with variants), which caused
runtime crashes.
First tests show that the execution speed of  the server is about 10% -
30% slower than the same code compiled with delphi (win32). On the first
glance, i would say, that these performance problems are in the string
related routines. But this is really a minor problem, since with fpc we
are now able to port to other platforms and it seems that the code
quality improves with each release of fpc.

Thanks for this great compiler.

Adrian Veith.

--

Veith System GmbH