[fpc-pascal] Path, Search Path and Source Path

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Dec 5 22:54:45 CET 2005

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:09:45 +0200
listmember <listmember at letterboxes.org> wrote:

>[...]
> > Remove all lazarus paths. Keep only the three $FPCTARGET paths.
>
> That is how it was originally.

And it is for a reason.

> But, then, when I tried to build/compile even a blank project in Lazarus,
> I was getting 'Unable to find Interfaces' or something to that effect.
>
> The thing is, I haven't been able to find a suitable place in Lazarus
> to add the source and search paths information.
>
> That left me with the only alternative of adding this stuff into fpc.cfg
>
> It works --to the extent that now I can compile things.
>
> The trouble is, it compiles everthing in those paths --into my projects
> working directory-- everytime I chose to 'build all'.. This is inelegant,
> and very messy.

That's the reason.

> There seems to be something I am missing. Question is what and where.

Your installed lazarus interfaces.ppu is obviously not compiled with the
installed compiler. That's why fpc wants to recompile and searches the
source. That's why you get 'unit not found'.
Either install a fitting pair of lazarus and fpc binaries
OR compile lazarus once manually.

> > If you want to compile without the Lazarus IDE, you can add
>
> I do want to use Lazarus.

Good.

Mattias