[fpc-pascal] Embedded ARM system unit

Carsten Bager carsten at beas.dk
Wed Aug 24 12:22:40 CEST 2005

> No, I meant simply with an include file with defines like:
> {$define RTL_INCLUDE_ANSISTRING}
> {$define RTL_INCLUDE_WIDESTRING}
> { $define RTL_INCLUDE_TEXTIO}
> {$define RTL_INCLUDE_FILEIO}
> {$define RTL_INCLUDE_HEAPMANAGER}
> {$define RTL_INCLUDE_FLOAT}
> {$define RTL_INCLUDE_FLOAT_TRANSCENDENT}

This could be nice

I use the following when I compile the system unit
I have collected the relevant INC files in the "inc" folder

<make_system.sh>
#!/bin/sh
arm-linux-as prt0.as -o prt0.o
./ppcarm -Us -Sg -a -Fi./inc -uHASWIDESTRING -
uHASWIDECHAR -uHASVARIANT -ufpdocsystem
system.pp
<EOF>

I got some errors using -uHASWIDESTRING -
uHASWIDECHAR. It looked like not all INC files was
finished working on.

When I compile my test program (Puts text on a display) the
BIN file has the size off 11 KB. That looks OK to me.

The -uHASWIDESTRING -uHASWIDECHAR has no inpact
on the size of my program, but the -uHASVARIANT redused
size with 10 KB.

My first system unit linked together with only a "begin end" in
the program produced 380 Byte.

<system.pp>
unit system;

interface

{$Y-}

implementation

procedure
fpc_InitializeUnits;[public,alias:'FPC_INITIALIZEUNITS'];
{$ifdef hascompilerproc} compilerproc; {$endif}
begin
end;

Procedure do_exit;[Public,Alias:'FPC_DO_EXIT'];
begin
end;

begin
end.