[fpc-pascal] Extended float to single and pchar types

Urbansound urbansound at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 2 20:51:03 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Emson" <memsom at interalpha.co.uk>
To: "Urbansound" <urbansound at sbcglobal.net>; "FPC-Pascal users discussions"
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] Extended float to single and pchar types

> Are you sure it is stdcall? Quite often it's the calling convention that
> messes up the calling of a C DLL. Could it be safecall or cdecl? Which
> compiler made the DLL?

Well... I was sure until it was pointed out that I needed to change ALL of
the declarations, not just the one I was accessing, which means that other
stdcall declarations were likely stepping on the stack or heap, while I was
focused only on the one call I changed.  DOAH!

You were correct in your observation.  Thank you Matt.

Mike