[fpc-pascal] FPC and GTK2: problems with GTKCombo

Jan Je/lowicki Jasj at OZI.AR.WROC.PL
Mon Apr 25 14:32:57 CEST 2005

Hello,

That is exactly the meritum.
I was trying to write adequate C example for comparison,
unfortunately I realized that I had no GTK+ source packages
at home. And today morning I knew the solution from your mail.

> No, this is *not* a bug somewhere in general FPC record aligning
> algorithm. You can treat it as a bug in FPC GTK 2 bindings, or you can
> treat it as a bug in Win32 GTK 2 libraries (because they apparently are
> compiled in such way that struct alignment is different than in Linux).

There is nothing to add. I would prefer to think about bug in GTK,
since it is a good idea to keep the software portable. Especially
when serious project, like GTK, has its own basic data types to avoid
confusions...

Thank you once more

                                       Jan Jelowicki
                                       jasj at ozi.ar.wroc.pl