[fpc-pascal] interface "is" patch (finished and included)

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Apr 1 00:49:55 CEST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, ml wrote:

> i included again my refcount patch (haven't got even a little response
> on it. i'm slowly starting to wonder if i'm on the right mailing list
> (usually devel list is for internal purposes of regular developers, and
> others are... well,... for others (as well as bug reporting as
> patches)), i got more response on C operators (which i didn't even asked
> in fact) than on my first patch and error reports in interfaces)

The core developers are quite busy people with daytime jobs.
The effects of the patch can be  quite tricky, which explains
probably why they have not yet been applied.

> would include auto_assign_of_guid patch too, but as much as i ask for
> somebody involved in compiler nobody answers, that one requires one
> change in lower levels

I guess Florian needs to answer this one, or peter.

I have downloaded and checked the patch, however I'm not a compiler person.
The RTL patch looks OK to me. have you checked what happens with an object
passed through COM ?

If either Florian or Peter give their blessing, I can commit the patch?

Michael.