[fpc-pascal] Explicit date from double format

Anton Tichawa anton.tichawa at chello.at
Wed Sep 29 21:21:19 CEST 2004

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Jilani Khaldi wrote:
>

>>Hi All,
>>Does somebody kown the algorithm to convert a date from the double
>>format  to an explicit format?
>>Example: the function "now" givers me: 3.825956615197917E+004
>>I want to transform it in: year-month-day....
>>

>Why not use DateToStr() or FormatDateTime() from sysutils ?
>
>Michael.

Or, if you need the values for some sort of calculation, you have to

- find out the reference date, i. e. DateToStr(0)
- and the scale, (I think 1.0 = 1 day)
- consider the month lengths, with february changing in leap years
- for historic dates, consider calendar switches

There's a conversion function somewhere on my hard disk. If I find it,
I'll post it later.

Or you might scan the strings created by DateToStr. That'd be
quick-n-dirty, though :-)

Anton.