[fpc-pascal]Graphics cards, VGALIB

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.ugent.be
Fri Sep 3 14:42:07 CEST 2004

On 3 sep 2004, at 14:33, Olle Raab wrote:

>> Yes. And for some reason, the linker picks the main of our system unit
>> to execute instead of the one in libsdl. I don't know on what basis it
>> does this. The reason it doesn't trigger a duplicate symbol error is
>> that the Mac OS X linker works with a two-level name space: all
>> libraries have their own symbol namespace (although you can disable
>> this for legacy *nix compatibility using an environment variable).
>
> Can it help by changing the link order ? Or it is not possible wiht a 2
> level ns.. ?

Hmm, yes, that's probably it. The two-level namespace is the reason
that the order of the libraries and objects on the command line matters
under Darwin... We'd have to introduce some compiler switches to
influence the order in which the compiler passes the objects and
libraries to the linker then though.

Jonas