[fpc-pascal]Graphics cards, VGALIB

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.ugent.be
Wed Sep 1 09:19:47 CEST 2004

On 1 sep 2004, at 00:13, Jeff Weeks wrote:

> I tried the SDL4Freepascal headers and they seem to work.  Just can't
> see how to display text.  And they don't appear to work on Macintosh.
> JEDI-SDL supposedly works on a "modified" version of Freepascal on a
> Mac.
>
> Any Mac people out there using JEDI-SDL?  Anyone have Freepascal
> examples?

The main problem is currently that you have to change the Darwin system
unit, by renaming the "main" procedure in rtl/bsd/system.pp to
"SDLMain" and then recompile the system unit. Of course, afterwards
that system unit is only usable to create SDL programs.

So we have to implement a way to specify the name of the routine when
compiling the program, but that means it must be moved to the main
program and "generated" inside the compiler. Because it receives
parameters, this is non trivial (unless I hardcode the parameter
locations, but that's dirty and non-portable).

Jonas