[fpc-pascal] Strange exception

Alan Mead cubrewer at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 21:56:50 CEST 2004

--- Peter Vreman <peter at freepascal.org> wrote:
> >> An unhandled exception occurred at 0x080742B2 :
> >> ERangeError : Range check error
> >>   $080742B2  SVDCMP2,  line 337 of lsa2.pas
> >>   $BFFFF924  P$LSA2_finalize_implicit,  line 692 of lsa2.pas
> >>
> >> What makes it strange is that line 337 is the final end
> statement
> >> of
> >> the procedure SVDCMP2 and line 692 is the final end statement of
> >> the
> >> program lsa2.  Any ideas what might cause this or what to do?
>
> There is a variable that needs to be finalized since it contains
> refcounted types.

Peter,

Thanks!

I don't understand what you mean by "finalize".. how do I find out
which variable isn't being finalized and finalize it?  Is that
something I do or that the compiler adds code to do?

I've narrowed down where the error occurs and I think it's just a 201
error that occurs on line 250 (line 249 executes, then I get the
exception and line 251 does not execute)... so I don't know why line
337 or" finalization" is involved.

-Alan