[fpc-pascal] Freepascal on Mac

Aleksey Vaneev inlists at voxengo.com
Sat Oct 23 15:38:56 CEST 2004

Hello,

  I'm currently using Freepascal for Windows mainly, and we even
  develop commercial applications with it - so in its state it is
  already stable enough for commercial use. Of course I'm grateful to
  all FP developers out there.

  My business needs advice me to completely switch from Delphi 7
  I own and use Freepascal only as it is a highly cross-platform
  compiler. This switch requires much effort as Freepascal has no UI
  design tools or alike, so I will have to create something like
  Delphi's UI designer to suit my needs (and I do not need anything
  advanced in this department).

  The question is: will moving to Freepascal permit me to compile my
  programs for Macintosh platform without severe hassle? Has FP's Mac
  support proved to be commercially stable? I mainly need to write
  downloadable libraries which draw on standard canvas/surface
  (or how it is called on Mac).

  My goal is to be able to have the same program I have for Win32
  compile and run for Mac just by switching compiler's target.

  Thanks!

--
Best regards,
 Aleksey                          mailto:inlists at voxengo.com