[fpc-pascal] FPC on ARM (eg Zaurus)

Den Jean geeken at pandora.be
Fri Oct 22 00:44:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

Cross-compile for ARM:
==============
I'd like to develop an application on Zaurus (arm) with FPC,
but I do not manage to create a cross-compile setup.

Qt/Embedded binding for FPC:
==================
I already created a binding for FPC to Qt/Embedded that works
with libqte (the Qt/Embedded library) on Intel (under qvfb)

I did not have time yet to put it on Sourceforge,
but you can get a binary libqteintf + pascal sources on:

http://users.pandora.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/qtedemo.html

Compile errors in fpc/compiler/arm:
=======================

With the latest cvs (20 Oct 2004) I get the error below

make clean all OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=arm BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-

..fpc/compiler/ppc   -darm -dGDB -dBROWSERLOG -dNOOPT -Xs -OG2p3 -n -Fuarm
-Fusystems -Fu/other/storage/progs/fpcarm/fpc/rtl/linux -Fiarm -FE. -dRELEASE
pp.pas
cpubase.pas(511,59) Fatal: Syntax error, "," expected but ")" found

When I fix this by adding a OS_NO to subreg2cgsize
(do not know what I am doing :-)
the compilation continues and stops with:

cpupara.pas(44,94) Error: Identifier not found "tvarargspara"

So I fix this by adding 'parabase' to the uses clause of cpupara.pas

Then I get the following compile error:

cpupara.pas(41,20) Error: There is no method in an ancestor class to be
overridden: "tarmparamanager.getintparaloc(tproccalloption, LongInt):<record
type>"

* Does anyone have a working ARM snapshot  ?
* Or a FPC CVS date on which the ARM part compiles ?
* I already tried 30 Jan 2003. The date on which the FPC news
   webpage announces that it works on Zaurus

kind regards,

Den Jean