[fpc-pascal] keyboard layout.

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Mon Nov 22 10:06:23 CET 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:56:22 +0100 (CET), Marco van de Voort wrote
> > We are having a problem with keyboard layouts in the
> keyboard unit in windows.
> > Currently it is automatically assumed that both alt keys differ.
> >
> > So this is a small poll:
> >
> > What is your Windows keyboardlayout, and are your two alt
> keys different (ALT-GR system)?
 .
 .
> Florian dug up some C++ code that I tried to convert. Could
> sb try to run this on his windows
> machine, and check if the ALT-GR status is detected correctly.
 .
 .

As it was already mentioned in the original post, this test only shows what
the primary (default) layout has. I made the effort to check Alt-Gr behaviour
on all the layouts supported on my W2K installation (basically, all latin
layouts, i.e. all layouts for Europe except languages using cyrillic plus
layouts for both Americas). Out of these, I only found 4 layouts not having
support for Alt-Gr: "US", "US-Dvorak", "US-Dvorak (left-handed)" and
"US-Dvorak (right handed)". It might be interesting to get information about
Alt-Gr support from one of our russian users, then from e.g. Mazen and
possibly from somebody using Chinese or Japanese to make the picture more
complete. However, I suspect these all would have support for Alt-Gr, because
they all need rather more than less keys. I only tested the "printlayout"
check randomly for some of the tested layouts (I was changing layout for the
default locale - fortunately, you can do this without restarting and it comes
into effect immediately), and it worked as expected.

Tomas