[fpc-pascal]Re: Schedule request (educational and olympiad applications of FPC)

wstomv at win.tue.nl wstomv at win.tue.nl
Thu May 27 06:45:24 CEST 2004

I soon have to commit my choice of FreePascal version to have installed
on the laptops of our new first-year students coming this fall.

Furthermore, the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI) this year
is taking place in September, and software versions are in the process
of being decided.

For the IOI, it is not so important to have Delphi compatibility,
but for my education it is.

For the IOI, it looks like we'll stick to 1.0.10 (unless a stable
release will appear "soon").

For my teaching, I would prefer a 1.9. (or 2.0 ??) version.
What are the current development/release plans?  Which 1.9 version
is sufficiently stable?

	Tom
--
E-MAIL: T.Verhoeff @ TUE.NL     | Fac. of Math. & Computing Science
PHONE:  +31 40 247 41 25        | Eindhoven University of Technology