[fpc-pascal]project question

Paul Aviles paul.aviles at palei.com
Mon May 3 03:33:29 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I have a small project and wanted to know what suggestions you all will
have. This is what the system must do.

Runs in Linux
Run as a daemon (not a problem)
Be able to pass some parameters while the program is running and obtain the
results back to a shell script of a perl program.

The LCDd (daemon) program controls an LCD device that has several buttons. I
can use a socket to make the LCDd receive messages from other programs and
shell commands into the LCD daemon, but I was wondering if there is even an
easier approach. Also, I have no idea how to "return" the output of the
routine back to the shell or perl program.

For example, if during the normal run of an application I need to display a
Yes/No question on the LCD display I need to be able to "pass" back to the
application that created the Yes/No question the selection the user did.

Any ideas?

Also, I have been looking for a simple text IDE like the all TP. Is there
something like that available?

Thanks

-pa