[fpc-pascal]Creating database with SQLiteDataset

Tue Mar 23 21:34:49 CET 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Milos Pejovic wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Milos Pejovic wrote:
> >

> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>I was trying to adapt TDbf table creation demo to SQLiteDataset, but I
> >>get this error:
> >>
> >>An unhandled exception occurred at 0x080557E4 :
> >>EDatabaseError :  : Dataset is read-only.
> >>  0x080557E4
> >>  0x00000050
> >>
> >>I have no idea how to put the DataSet in read/write mode...
> >>

> >The SQLIte dataset is read-only, it cannot be put in read/write mode.
> >
> >Michael.
> >

> Ok, perhaps it would be possible to port SQLite4Delphi to Free Pascal -
> http://sqlite4delphi.sourceforge.net/
> But it seems quite fpc unfriendly at the moment :/

Not really. I got it to compile. I'll send you a mail in private with the
modified sources. You'll have to re-implement 1 method, though.

TSLDataset.AddFieldDef is currently mostly ifdef-ed. If you rework the code
so it works with FPC, you should be able to test it. If your tests are
succesfull, then we can send the modifications to the maintainers.

Having looked at the sources, I'll have to
1. Add a bug to the FPC bug repository.
   Assigned(<Array of type>) does not work in FPC.
2. Implement some additional methods in TDataset, which currently don't
   exist.

Keep me posted of any progress you make, please.

Michael.