[fpc-pascal]no ppu installation with fpcmake

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Fri Mar 5 02:05:09 CET 2004

Am Mi, den 03.03.2004 schrieb Peter Vreman um 13:13:

> >> Under [target] only specify the programs. Under [clean] add the units.
> >
> > If I try that way the units are not found.
> >
> > Maybe this depends on the directory structure?
> >
> > In the main dir there are subdirs src and obj and in the Makefile.fpc
> > the paths are set for the compiler:
> >
> > [compiler]
> > options=-S2 -k-L/usr/local/lib -O2
> > sourcedir=./src
> > unittargetdir=./obj
> > targetdir=./obj
> > objdir=./obj
> > unitdir=./obj
> >
> > This works so far if the units are listed in the [target] section.
>
> The unitdir specifies the path where .ppu or when .ppu is not found the
> .pas/.pp are searched. sourcedir is only used for the Makefile and never
> passed to the compiler. objdir is only needed for external .o files.
>
> The following should be enough:
>
> [compiler]
> options=-S2 -k-L/usr/local/lib -O2
> unitdir=./src
> targetdir=./obj

Trying that way (g)make complains about seeing no target to build the
program needed by fpc_exes.

If I put sourcedir=./src back in, the building starts until the first
unit is referenced in the uses clause which is not found.

But 'm sorry, I have not enough time to investigate further. For now i
use a little script to install in the right places. After roll out of
the programm I'll come back again on this topic, hopefully working with
1.9.

Thak you very much so far,
Marc