[fpc-pascal]Best PASCAL for games

Joseph Hewitt pyrrho12 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 26 18:35:09 CEST 2004

I use FreePascal with Jedi-SDL for my games. FPC has several features I like
that other pascal variants lack, such as function overloading.

I think that the real question isn't which pascal to use, but which API to
use for graphics. IMO it isn't really possible to do games with the standard
Graph unit. OpenGL is included with the FPC package so it would be a good
choice for making games with. Simple Directmedia Layer is another good
choice, if you're only interested in 2D graphics. Or, you could use SDL as a
wrapper for OpenGL and get the best of both worlds.

Here's the web page for my current game project, GearHead:

  http://www.geocities.com/pyrrho12/programming/gearhead/index.html

Screenshots are available at:

  http://gearhead.roguelikedevelopment.org/screencaps.html

                                                                        -