[fpc-pascal]FPC 1.0.10 & IDE - error 216

Piotr Skrzypczynski ps at ar-kari.put.poznan.pl
Mon Jun 14 11:15:09 CEST 2004

Recently, I've compiled one of my older Pascal programs (originaly
developed in BP 7.0 Protected Mode) with the FPC 1.0.10 (GO32V2 target)
to speed it up (the program makes a lot of computations on quite huge
matrices). I used the DOS-based IDE on pure DOS 6.0 and the IDE-embedded
copiler (1.0.10 as the 'about' dialog says)
The source compiles without any errors, but when the program runs from
within the IDE, it crashes immediatelly with the error code 216.
What is quite surprising, the same EXE (i.e. compiled with the IDE) runs
fine when I run it just from the DOS prompt. What could be a reason ?

Best regards,

Piotr Skrzypczynski

*                        Dr. Piotr Skrzypczynski                         *
* Inst. of Control and Information Engineering, Poznan Univ. of Technol. *
*               ul. Piotrowo 3A, PL-60-965 Poznan, Poland                *