[fpc-pascal]DOS 1.9.4

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Wed Jun 9 11:36:35 CEST 2004

Subject:	[fpc-pascal]DOS 1.9.4
From:		Lubomir.Cabla at cssz.cz
Date:		Wed, June 9, 2004 10:19
To:		fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org

> 1. HTML page http://www.freepascal.org/down2-go32-i386.html
>    doesn't exists.

Thanks for reporting it, we'll correct it.

> 2. In x:\pp\examples\pasjpeg\ i tried to compile demo.pas,
>    but the units TEST.PAS and EXAMPLE.PAS are missing. I downloaded
> these files, but during compilation i got error "Can't find unit
> jdapistd"
>    even these compiled files are in
> x:\pp\units\go32v2\pasjpeg\jdapistd.*. This happen only in DOS window
> under Windows 2003, under pure DOS compiler found this unit jdapistd,
> but despite this program doesn't work. Maybe i have a false version
> of test/example.pas files.

There are (at least) two problems there:

1) /packages/base/pasjpeg/Makefile.fpc should be changed by appending "
test examples" to the end of line 17 ("examples=...").

2) examples.pas cannot be compiled in default mode as it is now (it needs
-Sd for successful compilation). We should change it to the default syntax
(missing '@' on line 351 in example.pas).

Other from that, I can compile demo.pas using both the GO32v2 command line
compiler and IDE even under W2K (which is not supported as already
mentioned by Marco). A possible reason why it didn't find the unit for you
could be that you didn't allow the installer to generate the default
configuration files (fpc.cfg and fp.cfg) - you might want to check your
cfg files if they include something like '-Fux:\pp\units\$TARGET\*'
(slashes could be possibly mixed there - both forward slashes and
backslashes should do).

> 3. HELP in IDE is not available. I downloaded extra file doc-htm.zip
>    (because in distribution ZIP-file is missing)
>    and made a copy to unzipped install files - INSTALL made a file
> x:\pp\doc\fpctoc.htx, but when a press a key F1 or SHIFT+F1, i got
> nothing and exit from IDE in (maybe) CGA mode.
>    I'm running IDE DOS window under Windows 2003 - it could be a reason.

Yes, this can be the reason easily (see Marco's comment).

> Under pure DOS i cannot unzip doc-htm.zip, because inside are
>    files with long names. Where can i got the HELP files only for DOS
> without file long names ?

doc-htm.zip _should_ include short names (as opposed to doc-html.zip). Can
you send the URL where you downloaded doc-htm.zip from, so we can correct
it?

Thanks again for your reports

Tomas