[fpc-pascal]Newbie to FPC: Can't compile

Ivan Stamenkovic stameni at EUnet.yu
Sat Jun 5 10:30:05 CEST 2004

Hello,

The following code I can't compile. FPC reports there's no unit Linux.
I use FPC 1.0.4 (both IDE and command line compiler), win32 version.
The code is from 'Reference Guide', Chapter 18.

Is it actually possible at all?

TIA,
Ivan

Program Client;

{
  Program to test Sockets unit by Michael van Canneyt and Peter Vreman
  Client Version, First Run sock_svr to let it create a socket and then
  sock_cli to connect to that socket
}

uses Sockets, Linux;

procedure PError(const S : string);
begin
  writeln(S,SocketError);
  halt(100);
end;

Var
  Saddr    : String[25];
  Buffer   : string [255];
  S        : Longint;
  Sin,Sout : Text;
  i        : integer;
begin
  S:=Socket (AF_UNIX,SOCK_STREAM,0);
  if SocketError<>0 then
   Perror('Client : Socket : ');
  Saddr:='ServerSoc';
  if not Connect (S,SAddr,Sin,Sout) then
   PError('Client : Connect : ');
  Reset(Sin);
  ReWrite(Sout);
  Buffer:='This is a textstring sent by the Client.';
  for i:=1 to 10 do
   Writeln(Sout,Buffer);
  Flush(Sout);
  Readln(SIn,Buffer);