[fpc-pascal]How to access a parallel port?

Sebastian Günther sguenther at gmx.de
Mon Jan 5 16:15:23 CET 2004

Rainer Hantsch schrieb:

> Does anybody have a sample code for that? Also, a easy to understand
> documentation of all parallel-port ioctrl() functions would be helpful.

I don't think the parport has any usable ioctrl(). In most cases using
an user space program to control non-printer devices from userspace
isn't possible at all due to timing problems.
The only solution that I am aware of is direct port access. But this is
no easy task; for example have a look at the graphlcd patch for VDR.
There is a small test program (written in C) for some parport dot-matrix
displays.

- Sebastian