[fpc-pascal]Local Ip Address

Crabtree, Chad Chad.Crabtree at nationalcity.com
Mon Feb 23 17:05:28 CET 2004

Ok.  Thank you that worked however I'd like to ask some questions.  I tried
to find the answer by looking at the source code however I'm confused by
this code

        abcd:=PABCD(phe^.h_addr_list[0])^;

I beleive this automaticly parses h_addr_list[0] into the record.  Not sure
why but that's ok. However when I looked at the winsock source most specifly
hostent record type I was not able to winnow any meaning out of.

          case byte of
             0: (h_addr_list: ^pchar);
             1: (h_addr: ^pchar)

Which is the last part of the record.  Now please correct me if I'm wrong.
but the h_addr_list is an array of bytes, however the type that's declared
is a pointer to pchar right?  It's just muddy for me.  This is my first real
forray into compiled languages, I can do what I want to with python or perl
but this is a little beyond me.

Thanks
Chad

***National City made the following annotations

This communication is a confidential and proprietary business communication.
It is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s).  If this
communication is received in error, please contact the sender and delete this
communication.