[fpc-pascal]Winsock DLL - 1.9.3 beta

paradice lawrence at paradicesoftware.com
Mon Feb 23 00:38:00 CET 2004

Hi everyone -

I am currently in the process of testing all of my code with the new 1.9.3
betas (I downloaded win32 1.9.2 and added the latest snapshot)and I think I
have come across a problem with the Winsock unit. When running a winsock
program I get the following error message at run-time:

The procedure entry point GetLastError could not be located in the dynamic
link library Wsock32.dll

I'm using Windows XP (I get a similar error under Windows ME when I tried it
there).

The program compiles & runs fine with FPC 1.0.10;

I don't have the source code to the snapshot (the Winsock unit specifically,
I guess) so I can't check what has changed, but I think the procedure name
should be "WSAGetLastError" rather than "GetLastError" - I'm not certain
though. Any other ideas?

Lawrence
www.paradicesoftware.com