[fpc-pascal]trouble compiling a demo

Crabtree, Chad Chad.Crabtree at nationalcity.com
Wed Feb 18 19:47:54 CET 2004

I am trying to compile this which is giving me hell

unit MyError;

{
  Custom error reporting routines.

     *** WINDOWS VERSION ***
}

interface

procedure Say(msg : String);
procedure SockError(msg : String);
procedure SockSay(msg : String);
procedure GenError(msg : String);implementation

uses sockets;

procedure Say(msg : String);
begin
   Writeln(stderr, msg);
end;

procedure SockError(msg : String);
begin
   Writeln(stderr, msg, SocketError);
   Halt(1);
end;

procedure SockSay(msg : String);
begin
   Writeln(stderr, msg, SocketError);
end;

procedure GenError(msg : String);
begin
   Say(msg);
   Halt(1);
end;

end.

The error message is this.  I am new to this so I am having trouble
understanding what's wrong.  the error message is

myerror-win.pas(1,6) Error: Illegal unit name: MYERROR
myerror-win.pas(9,1) Fatal: Syntax error, ; expected but INTERFACE found
>Exit code: 1

***National City made the following annotations

This communication is a confidential and proprietary business communication.
It is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s).  If this
communication is received in error, please contact the sender and delete this
communication.