[fpc-pascal]fpc and familiar linux (ipaq)

Florian Klaempfl Florian.Klaempfl at gmx.de
Tue Feb 17 11:35:40 CET 2004

listas at lozano.eti.br wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Read on the web site that fpc 1.9.3 builds itself and runs on the Zaurus.
> That's nice, I want to experiment wihth it on an iPAQ (which also uses an ARM
> CPU) and familiar Linux. Have anyone tried?

Recently, I collected some hints about working with development
compilers in the FPC-Wiki:
http://www.freepascal.org/wiki/wiki.phtml?title=How_to_start

> Anything I should know before
> trying to build fpc myself for the ipaq? The ideal setup for pda development is
> a cross compiler, as the pda has limited ram and flash (disk) space.

I plan to run FPC natively on my Zaurus (it already shows the help pages
and is able to compile hello world :)), a 200 MHz CPU with 48 MB RAM and
a 1 GB flash card is the same as I'd 5-6 years ago on my desktop :)

> Does fpc
> supports building a cross compiler?

Of course, you need fpc and cross GNU binutils for your host system.