[fpc-pascal]Panic : Internal compiler error, Internal error 9999

Stefan Becker becker at lufa-speyer.de
Wed Feb 4 01:26:23 CET 2004

Panic : Internal compiler error, exiting.
test.pp(5) Fatal: Internal error 9999

uses linux;
begin
 Writeln ('Process Id = ',getpid,' Parent process Id = ',getppid);
end.

  Compiling for LINUX Platform
  Compiling Debug Version
  Hint: End of reading config file /etc/fpc.cfg
  Free Pascal Compiler version 1.9.3 [2004/01/22] for i386
  Copyright (c) 1993-2002 by Florian Klaempfl
  Target OS: Linux for i386
  Compiling test.pp
  test.pp(3,27) Error: Identifier not found "getpid"
  test.pp(3,58) Error: Identifier not found "getppid"
  test.pp(3,66) Error: Illegal expression
  Panic : Internal compiler error, exiting.
  test.pp(5) Fatal: Internal error 9999

I just updated to a newer compiler version (1.9.3) because I
will try to work my way into the lazerus (IDE).

Now some of my units are suddenly not compliling at all.  Simply using
the unit linux; and doing a "getpid"  doesn't work anymore.

I hope that someone here might know (of) the problem or the
solution.

I might just have the librarys, config or something in the wrong place.
...I don't know! ....

Before I file a bug report, lets hear it from someone here.  Is someone
working with the newer complier?

my regards,

Stefan Becker
email: becker at lufa-speyer.de