[fpc-pascal] Customizing tply

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Fri Dec 10 13:14:53 CET 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Steve Williams wrote:

> > Actually, do you think you could extend this and
> > create a bridge between streams and text files ?
> >
> > I mean 2 calls like
> >
> > First: Text->Stream.
> >
> > Var
> >   f : Text;
> >   S : TSTream;
> >
> > begin
> >   AssignTextStream(F,S);
> >   Rewrite(F);
> >   Writeln(F,'Something'); // Writes actually to stream S.
> >   Close(F);
> > end.
>
> That's exactly how the unit I posted works.  As for the second method you
> mentioned, I do not see much use for that.

Owowow...
I should have looked more careful to your message. That is of
course exactly what I asked for.
Can I rework the code you sent and include it in the FCL ?

The second part is mainly to interface with older legacy code
that still uses text files, without having to rewrite it.
I have several such units for my day-time job.

Michael.