[fpc-pascal]can't cvs

David Emerson dle3ab at angelbase.com
Mon Aug 30 11:09:27 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I haven't cvs'd in a number of months, and it is no longer working. I have a little ms-dos batch file that enters the long command for me, so it's not as if my configuration or command or path has changed. I keep getting this error:

CVS.EXE [update aborted]: could not find out home directory

Perhaps this is just a fluke of the night, or perhaps something somewhere has changed? I see that the instructions on the web have not changed in a long, long time!

if it's relevant...

cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.freepascal.org:/FPC/CVS -z 3 update -Pd fpc/compiler fpc/rtl fpc/Makefile fpc/Makefile.fpc

(while I'm on the subject, correct me if I'm wrong... this ought to be the minimum to get the compiler + rtl working, compiling from 1.0.10, right?)

Thanks,
David