[fpc-pascal]What does this sentence mean?

Arne Hanssen fpc at tuxic.net
Sun Aug 8 16:55:00 CEST 2004

Thus spoke Zhang Zheng (wsxs850 at yahoo.com.cn):

> This is a sentence from
> http://www.freepascal.org/advantage.html
>
> 'If you have code in another language, like C or assembler, just
> use favorite compiler for it and call it from Free Pascal.'
>
> What does it mean? I am not so clear.

I guess that is another way of saying that you can compile C program
modules (f.ex. DLL's) in C and have you FPC-program call the resulting
DLL functions even though it's not produced by FPC itself.
In other words you don't have to translate your C source to Pascal
in order to utilize it from a Pascal program, using FPC.

--
Vennlig hilsen / Best regards      |\     ___,,--,        _
Arne Hanssen, Senja, Norway        /,`--''        \-,,__,'/