[fpc-pascal]make clean does not remove .o files

Vincent Snijders vslist at zonnet.nl
Sat Aug 7 22:06:51 CEST 2004

Hi,

If I do make clean in for example the fcl/db/dbase or fcl/image all ppu files are removed, but not the .o files. I tried to find out, how this can be fixed.

A Makefile contains these two lines:
override CLEANPPUFILES:=$(addprefix $(UNITTARGETDIRPREFIX),$(CLEANPPUFILES))

override CLEANPPULINKFILES:=$(wildcard $(addprefix $(UNITTARGETDIRPREFIX),$(CLEANPPULINKFILES)))

Since I very new to reading make files, I don't know what the wildcard in the CLEANPPULINKFILES is suposed to do.If I remove it .o files are removed.

Is it correct to remove the wildcard?

BTW, is there a natural order in the sections of a Makefile.fpc? The manual lists them alphabeticly, the makefile.exm in the utils/fpcm directory is not complete: no [clean], [install], [prerules] section.

Regards,
Vincent.