[fpc-pascal]Delphi/FPC cross-compile

Agustin Barto abarto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 02:48:17 CEST 2004

> Any recommendations on a good book for my context?

I was a seasoned Java and C++ programmer when I was giving the task of
implementing a very complex algorithm with Delphi. I left the Windows
world years ago so I always had in mind developing on Delphi but
keeping most of the code as FPC compatible as possible. Aside from the
UI aspects of the program, the rest of the code works fine both on
Delphi and FPC, so I'm happy and my "contractors" (my graduate thesis
directors) are happy too.

Along the way I used the following books:

* Mastering Delphi 6 (non-free)
* Essential Pascal (free) www.marcocantu.com
* Essential Delphi (free) www.marcocantu.com
* ObjectPascal 5 Language Guide (free) www.borland.com (it's somewhere