[fpc-pascal]Conditional compilation ELSE-IF?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Apr 8 16:13:11 CEST 2004

> I have the following code in a function:
>
>       {$IFDEF LINUX}

Should be {$ifdef unix}

>       Slash := '/';
>       {$ENDIF}
>       {$IFDEF WIN32}
>       Slash := '\';
>       {$ENDIF}
>
> Obviously, FPC supports many other platforms.  Is there a better way
> to handle this?

See other answers, but for the case it is not alraedy predefined, yet it
works, also for crosscompile. However you should hardly ever use {$if(n)def
linux}, _always_ unix.

The only exeception are really 100% linux only things which are relatively
rare.

> there a way to detect this at run-time rather than compile time?

Yes, but not OS independant. Each OS has its own api for such things :-)