[fpc-pascal]Compiler error messages GO32V2

Tomas Hajny xhajt03 at vol.cz
Mon Apr 5 10:20:16 CEST 2004

From:        Lubomir.Cabla at cssz.cz
To:          fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org
Subject:     [fpc-pascal]Compiler error messages GO32V2
Date sent:   Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:50:25 +0200

Hi,

> i have a problem to compile the following some rows...
>
> uses crt;
> var NoOfColumns : word;
> StatusLine,s : string;
> begin
> NoOfColumns:=24;
> StatusLine:='ESC';
> s:='Press any key...';
> gotoXY((NoOfColumns div 2)-(Length(StatusLine+': '+s)
> div 2), 2);
> end.
>
> With version 1.9.3. (now i tried version from 5.4.2004
> also)
> i always got a compiler error (in IDE)
>
> "Asm [mov reg8,???] invalid combination of opcode and
> operands"

This looks like a compiler bug, I'd suggest to enter this into
the bugs repository on our WWW pages. Please, check what level of
optimizations have you set (-O???? parameters) and whether it
happens with all optimizations turned off as well (-O-), and add
this information to your bug report.

> Second,
>
> if i got any compiler error message (also in IDE) in
> one program
> and then i try to compile the another one with command
> New() (as this)
>
> type px = ^pt;
> pt = record a:byte; b:word; end;
> var pp : px;
> begin
> New(pp);
> end.
>
> i always got a error message
>
> "Type identifier expected"
>
> Normally if i compile this program as first one it is
> O.K.
>
> What i'm doing wrong ?
>
> All is done in GO32V2 for DOS in IDE.

I cannot reproduce this one myself. What operating system are you
running on (plain DOS, WinXX, ...)? Can you give more exact
procedure how to reproduce it, please? I created two new files,
typed your source into one and nonsense statement (begin xxx
end.) into the other, then tried to compile the second one, got a
compiler error, switched to the first one and compiled without
any problems. Then I typed a nonsense letter within your source,
tried to compile it (and got an error, of course), reverted my
change and compiled again, again no problems at all.

Thanks

Tomas

--
ANONYMNI PRIPOJENI K INTERNETU - bez registrace, zdarma, ihned!
Pripojeni na cisle 971 200 111 z cele CR,