[fpc-pascal]Re: FPC platforms (Was: Re: .NET)

Balogh, Karoly (Charlie/iNQ) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Tue Sep 9 15:35:29 CEST 2003

Hi,

On 03.09.09., Peter Vreman wrote:

>> What about 68k support in the 1.1 branch? I see there are some files in
>> for it, but currently i see no sign if someone is working on in, or it
>> will be in usable state in the near future. So what is the current state
>> of 68k support? Dropped, suspended or developed with very low priority?
> The development has been suspended until someone starts development. Carl
> will stay with the 68k in the 1.0.x branch and not move to the 1.1 branch.

1.0.x branch? AFAIR, it was told that all developments stopped on the old
compiler.

> Pierre has very little time, so there is also not to expect from him. The
> result is that nobody is working on it. Those files are very old and i
> guess not much can be reused from those few files. It will be easier to
> start from scratch.

It seems to me, currently a lot of things morphing inside the compiler,
around the code generator, register allocator, and things like that.
When will these things stabilize? So is it worth make a try to begin
a new code generator right now :), or it's more wise to wait for a while,
until the new code becomes more stable on the rest of the platforms.

Bye,
--
Charlie/iNQ      (SceneCON - http://scenecon.intro.hu)
.:%[ Cybernetic Hydraulic Android Responsible for ]%:.