[fpc-pascal]Re: FPC platforms (Was: Re: .NET)

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Tue Sep 9 14:47:56 CEST 2003

>> Here is a summary of the platforms:
>> - PowerPC is working
>> - ARM is in development
>> - SPARC is in development
>> - x86_64 development will start ASAP the developpers have hardware
>> - ia64, if you pay for the hardware... (using an external compilefarm is
>> not an option)
>> - .NET, none of the current core developpers has plans to support it.
>> You
>> are welcome to implement it
>
> What about 68k support in the 1.1 branch? I see there are some files in
> for it, but currently i see no sign if someone is working on in, or it
> will be in usable state in the near future. So what is the current state
> of 68k support? Dropped, suspended or developed with very low priority?

The development has been suspended until someone starts development. Carl
will stay with the 68k in the 1.0.x branch and not move to the 1.1 branch.
Pierre has very little time, so there is also not to expect from him. The
result is that nobody is working on it.

Those files are very old and i guess not much can be reused from those few
files. It will be easier to start from scratch.