[fpc-pascal]thread

Evergray evergray at pisem.net
Thu Sep 4 09:49:08 CEST 2003

Hello James,

JM> On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 09:56:18AM +0200, Chemistry.rd wrote:
>> From: Dancso Andras <chemistry.rd at egis.hu>
>> Subject: thread
>>
>> Question: How can I start a new thread from FreePascal under Win32?

You may create descendat from TThread class & place u'r code in
overrided procedure Execute. See \examples\fcl\threads.pp, but don't
pay too mach attention at how this example works because it seems to
be unstable under Windows 2000 (at least). I think that console output is
not thread safe part of FP I/O system.

Apropos, test thread program I wrote runs under Win32 without any
problem, but crashes under Linux (fpc 1.0.10). %-\

JM> I think it might be platform independent. If that's the case there's a
JM> nice example in the FCL source. Not sure if there's an example in the
JM> demos, might be :)

JM> cheers
JM> James

WBR, Evergray